Recently, I read an article about a mentorship framework that has helped a CEO at a thriving organization. The article, "Five Questions Every Mentor Should Ask" provides a set of five questions that may seem simple to ask but they actually are very influential in the guidance that a mentor will share with its mentee. The questions are as follows:
- What is it that you really want to be and do?
- What are you doing really well that is helping you get there?
- What are you not doing well that is preventing you from getting there?
- What will you do differently tomorrow to meet those challenges?
- How can I help / where do you need the most help?