When I conduct quarterly sessions with mentoring pairs I get a lot of useful suggestions. The following are 9 suggested activities for mentoring pairs directly from people currently partaking in a corporate mentoring program:
- Visit each other's worksite to learn more about what each of you do
- Introduce each partner to two new people to build a larger network
- Observe each other executing a presentation or leading a meeting
- Decide on a leadership or management resource which you both will review and discuss its importance in the mentoree's development
- Review the organizational chart together for a better understanding of how various components of the organization work and the key players in each
- Discuss two recent challenges faced by each of you, how you each handled these challenges and whether the outcomes were satisfactory or not.
- Take a company offered course together and share the learning
- Share with each other a person who has been most influential in your career and why.
- Discuss the wildest (think daredevil!) thing you've ever done
For even more ideas about how to maximize your mentoring relationship, check out our online training courses for mentoring:
Image Credit: www.flickr.com/photos/thefranchiseco/